Your friendly source for all things vegan! Recipes, reviews, information, and inspiration! I eagerly welcome your questions and comments! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Perilous Perfection

As much as I try to push it off, to overcome it, to ignore it, I always feel this dread need to be perfect in everything I do.  I tell you this because it is the reason behind my lack of posting.  I write a little more frequently on my other, less-advertised blogs--it seems safer there, where few-to-none will ever read.  But especially with this my "Foodie Blog", I want every word and every ingredient and every picture to be, well, perfect.  It is debilitating--crippling even.  What a fantastic, utterly unattainable effort.

Perfection.  Perilous perfection.  

I have infinitely more to give, but I am afraid of failure.  

Please forgive me my weaknesses.  I still have so much to learn about life and A WORLD of room left to grow...

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Val...... we ( as in everyone in the wide, wide world) will NEVER reach perfection in this lifetime. We are all practicing life; learning and growing. We are supposed to make mistakes. That is the process. Please know that NONE of us expect you to be perfect . We expect you to be Valerie!!! Just be yourelf - wonderful, loving, kind, helpful, sharing. Just be you. We love you no matter what. We enjoy your blogs, so don't stop writing, but do boost yourself with some possitive affirmations such as - "I am wonderful, just the way I am now. I do not have to prove myself to anyone." Whatever you want to share with the world is your gift to us. Thank you for the gift of Valerie!!!! Lots of love ----- Marcy

dreaminitvegan said...

Valerie, I've just stumbled upon your blog and left a comment on one of your previous posts.
Don't strive to be perfect because no one is. If you look at all of the blogs, some look very professional and others look, well like everyday people wrote them, like me!
The more I blog the more I realise that people can relate more when we open up a bit and share more. It's also nice to have support from fellow vegans.

Vegan Valerie said...

I love you, Marcy! I am so glad we are sisters AND friends! Thank you for always loving me...

Vegan Valerie said...

DreaminItVegan, you're right. It feels good to be reassured. I greatly appreciate your kind words. Thank you!