Your friendly source for all things vegan! Recipes, reviews, information, and inspiration! I eagerly welcome your questions and comments! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rediscovering Greens


For whatever reason, I haven't been eating my greens lately.  
And I've been feeling a little down about it... 

So, when I saw Annie's Naturals Organic Goddess Dressing on sale at my local Super Target, well, I bought up a few bottles!  I already love the taste of this creamy, tangy, salad topper.  And if it helps me get back into the wholesome groove of enjoying a veggie-centered diet again, I welcome it!   

Annie's Goddess Dressing is mostly vegetable oil, so it isn't a fat-free food by any stretch.  Specifically, it packs 120 calories into a 2 tablespoons serving.  But it is vegan.  And in moderation, it is a delicious treat-- a tasty addition to any vegetable meal.  Which is exactly what I need right now-- anything that get's me excited about a salad again.  

So, here's to rediscovering greens, and here's to Annie's Goddess Dressing!  Yummy!  I hope you try it sometime.  :)

I am wondering, though... 


How do you spice up your salads and veggies? 

If you have any favorite products, tips, or ideas, oh please share!  I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on the matter!  :)

6 comments:

Michal said...

I love Annies Goddess Dressing too its my favorite! :) I actually just re-kindled my passion with it over this weekend.

Vegan Valerie said...

It's always great to hear from you, Michal! So you're a fan, too? Cool! :)

babyvanilla said...

I might be weird but I really love to dress my salad with a mix of hummus/salsa, or hummus/mustard! Sometimes, I spread this on tomato slices and eat it like apple spread with PB...;)

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

Never tried that dressing before, and the salad looks very healthy!!

Vegan Valerie said...

Thanks for the new salad dressing ideas BabyVanilla! I have used salsa as a salad dressing and it's delish! I don't know why I don't think to use it more often! I bet hummus is a great topper too. I mean it's good on everything else! But mustard? I'll have to try it!

Thanks again for your comment!

Vegan Valerie said...

Gauri Radha,

Thank you for all your kind comments! I got, what was it, all seven or eight of them! You were so complementary--you make me feel good! Bless you!